Sunday, August 25, 2013

Japan in one week - is that even possible?

For many people in most countries, Japan is a place that seems to far away for a one week trip. Most people thinks Japan is terribly expensive country, where it is impossible to find your way around and where no one speaks English.

At the same time, many people dream of visiting Japan, find the culture very interesting, loves the Japanese cuisine and the wonderful Japanese whiskey such as Santory. But very few people takes the effort to travel to Japan.

I went to Japan after dreaming of going there for 15 years. With careful planning, I went to Japan with only 6 days to spend - and I was able to experience both Tokyo and Kyoto, visit all the places I wanted and found ways to navigate with my iPhone.

If you only have 1 week  - I say you should go to Japan if you can. It is a wonderful, interesting country and things are easier then ever thanks to Internet. I will go in to detail later in this blog in how you can prepare yourself and use Google Maps to find your way around.  In this blog, I will tell you about my preparations, give advice on what to bring and share my day to day experiences.

I went to Japan i September 2013 and Swedish speaking people could follow me in real time in my Swedish blog http://enveckaijapan.blogspot.se. After only a few weeks, Google started picking up my blog and it is right now in the to three in many search areas in Sweden, so I decided to translate the Blog into English which is the version you are reading right now.

Me in Shibbuya, just after arriving in Tokyo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment