Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gooogle Maps on my iPhone Japan with Japanese prepaid phone card

Japanese prepaid card from b-mobile
I have an extremely bad sense of direction and use Google Maps on my mobile wherever I go. Therefore, it has been a small concern for me how to find my way around Japan.

After some research, I found a blog that offers advise easy ways to buy a Japanese prepaid card delivered to the airport where you land. For 3.980 yen (about 40 USD) you get a 1GB prepaid card that are both sufficient to Google maps throughout the week and also to be able to use Skype and so on. Excellent!

One can pick up the cash card either at the hotel or at the airport's post office , which is open 8:30 to 20:00 every day. 

If I manage to find the post office without
Google Maps helps me the rest of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment